|Job Title||Sales Manager, Asia & Middle East||Location||Shanghai|
|Reports To||The Sales Manager reports, and is accountable, to the Commercial Director of SBSS.|
|Role||To identify, develop and secure new channels for installation sales in Asia-Pacific and the Middle East that will increase asset utilization and drive SBSS KPI achievement. Focus of the role will be on the power utility and oil and gas sectors, with the ability to provide cross-sector sales expertise for SBSS’s other target markets of telecoms and renewable energy.|
|Duties And Responsibilities|
1. Prospect and develop sales and business opportunities, leading to the successful negotiation and closing of sales with new customers in the region.
2. Maintain and develop knowledge of market trends, competitors and the future needs of customers to identify opportunities and support business development.
3. Build on customer relationships to support overall company development, by feeding back knowledge to other departments, promoting strategic excellence in all functions of the business.
4. Work closely with strategic accounts and sales staff to develop and implement effective sales and account management strategies, tailored to SBSS’s target regions and key account customers.
5. Develop and deliver quality, responsive proposals to the customer, through effective coordination across departments.
6. Provision of pricing and other guidance for the commercial and bids team.
7. Focused representation at regional conferences and industry meetings.
8. Providing cross-functional support for other team members in the region.
9. Support the marketing of new and existing products and services.
10. Document and report actions and action plans to Commercial Director.
11. Create and continuously update sustainable sales forecasts and deliver on role objectives.
12. Ensure compliance with sales and company ethics and best practice.
13. Represent the company in a manner that is in line with expectations set out by the senior management team.
|Requirements||1. Track record of personal development within previous roles, showing
an assertive behaviour and driving the organisation towards better
2. Ability to work independently and to demonstrate sound judgement in qualifying opportunities.
3. Excellent negotiation skills.
4. Be willing to travel across the region on a frequent basis.
5. Ability to present and communicate effectively at all levels.
6. Track record of leading B2B sales within the offshore industry.
7. Established network of contacts within the oil and gas and/or power cable industries.
8. Knowledge of offshore projects, subsea technology and equipment, with submarine cables a plus.
|If you're interested in applying for this job please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org|